How to choose a ski helmet?
A ski helmet is a device thatallows you to maintain the health and life of a skier when falling. Due to the variety of shapes and colors, many products perform not only a practical, but also a decorative function. Let's work out together how to choose a ski helmet, which will become a reliable protection in any situation.
- Rigid framework. The outer shells of modern products are made of high-strength plastic or polycarbonate. The qualities of these materials contribute to a uniform distribution of impact loads across the area of the structure.
- Soft inner lining. It is made of polypropylene foam or polystyrene foam. It is designed to extinguish the energy that is transmitted from the outer shell of the helmet.
- Lining. Produced on the basis of materials with antibacterial properties. It differs in its porous structure, which contributes to the influx of air and provides comfort during the operation of the helmet.
Picking up the ski helmet Salomon or payingthe attention of the products of other authoritative manufacturers, the focus should primarily be on selecting the right size. This largely depends on the ease of operation of the product and safety.
To properly choose a ski helmet, you need to measure the circumference of the head with a roulette. The latter should be applied slightly above the level of the ears and eyebrows.
A ski helmet with or without a visor can be selected according to standard dimensions:
- S - the smallest size (from 50 to 55 cm);
- M - average size per head with a circle of 55-57 cm;
- L - large size of 58-61 cm;
- XL is a very large helmet of the order of 61-65 cm.
On average, children's ski helmets weigh about 300-350 g. Adult models are two times heavier - from 600 to 800 g.
Standard helmets differ in rounded shape. They can be closed or open. The first ones are designed for professionals. Are intended for employment by winter kinds of sports with the raised probability of a traumatization. The second option is suitable for beginners who descend on the prepared routes. Open helmets can have face protection.
How correctly to try on a helmet?
During fitting, it is necessary to attach the frontSlice of the helmet just above the eyebrow line, after which it can be safely put on the head. This method is the only correct one and allows you to quickly put on protective equipment in any situation.
If the helmet is not tight enough on the head, it is recommended to pay attention to smaller models. Correctly selected product should move in the front direction together with the skin of the forehead.
Over time, the helmet filler inevitably sags. Therefore, it is recommended to give preference to a model that fits more tightly to the head.
If you plan to wear a ski helmet under your helmetmask, you should take it with you for fitting. As a rule, products of the same brand are best suited to each other. Helmet and mask from different manufacturers have longer and more carefully check for compatibility.
Individual models of the samestandardized size can give radically different sensations. This happens because manufacturers have their own ideas about the differences regarding the shape of the user's head. For reliability it is necessary to measure the maximum possible number of helmets of individual brands.
How to decide on the best option? Initially, you need to create your own ideas about the ideal model. It is also worth considering how often under the helmet will be torn ski mask, hat or hood.
One user just needs to visit the store andto measure the helmets that are available. Others have to adjust the design to the shape of the head or order the product with specific parameters.
Whatever the case, a helmet is purchased fora long time, because it is a fairly "long-playing" element of equipment. Therefore, it is recommended to choose it for long-term operation.