Inflammation of the joints of the big toes: symptoms and treatment
Inflammatory process in the joints of the toes -this is the response of the human body to fractures, cuts, arthritis, osteoarthritis. The joints of the toes are shock absorbers. They are able to soften the shocks coming to the body during walking, running, jumping. Inflammation of the joints of the toes limits the movement and brings a lot of inconvenience. This condition occurs quite often in people of different ages.
What is the function of the thumb?
Walking a person can not do without a joint onthe big toe, which is called the first metatarsophalangeal. It performs the function of stabilizer when lifting the foot. This is of great importance in the formation of gait and the functioning of the limb. Pain in the joint of the big toe is felt when it is inflamed.
And if the range of motion decreasesthe metatarsophalangeal joint or metatarsal bone has an anomalous length, there is a restriction of motion. This leads to a change in gait, impaired well-being and great discomfort in general. This can happen if the inflammation of the joints of the toes is not treated in time.
Arthritis joint pain
Arthritis is characterized by acute or chronicinflammation of the joints and periarticular tissues and is a manifestation of some other diseases. They can be psoriasis, rheumatism, abnormal metabolism, autoimmune diseases. Arthritic pain in the joint of the big toe usually has a pronounced character. It is felt during active movement and rest. Symmetrical inflammation is very characteristic: the same joints on the right and left legs are affected. Inflammation of the joints of the toes is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Restriction of movements.
- Change their shape.
- The crunch during the loads.
- Severe swelling.
- Swelling of the joint.
- Increased temperature in the periarticular space.
- Redness of the skin to bright purple.
- Pain of the affected joint.
Arthritis. How to treat?
When a person with arthritis is concernedinflammation of the joints of the toes. Treatment is first carried out by conservative methods, using medicines. Means that relieve pain and relieve inflammation:
- Preparations "Diclofenac" and its analogues: "Voltaren Rapid", "Dicloran", "Orthofen" and many others.
- Means "Ibuprofen" and its analogues: "Amprofen", "Ibupron", "Ibusan" and others.
- Medication "Ketoprofen" and its analogues: "Actron", "Ketonal", "Knavon" and others. If the skin is not damaged and there is no individual intolerance, you can use the drugs "Apisatron", "Butadion", "Finalgon".
During the trauma, a person experiences pain, his muscles involuntarily strain. To relax the muscles, the following drugs are used: "Midokalm", "Baclofen", "Sirdalud".
To prevent the formation of salts of uric acid in the blood, the doctor prescribes medicines "Allopurinol", "Allomaron", "Milurit."
Currently, there are many recipes for tinctures, lotions, compresses, which help to relieve the inflammation of the joints on the legs.
- Treatment chalk and yogurt helps restore cartilaginous tissue. Mel should be well grinded, add a little kefir (until thick slurry) and apply to the painful joint for a whole night.
- The joints of the fingers of the lower limbs can benormal blue clay, which is diluted with water at room temperature to the state of thick gruel. Apply a compress should be every day for half an hour. Always take unused clay.
- Well melted paraffin wax with the addition of mustard powder. It is applied to diseased joints, wrapped in polyethylene, a warm scarf and left overnight.
Osteoarthritis and its symptoms
Osteoarthritis is accompanied by destruction of cartilaginous tissues on the surface of the joints. Symptoms of the disease:
- Stiffness of movements in the morning.
- Limited mobility of the joint.
- A crunch while walking.
At the beginning of the disease, pain appearsperiodically, after rendering to the joint of physical activity. At rest, it quickly disappears. But over time it does not pass even after rest, it can appear at night. Osteoarthritis of the toes is more affected by women. The disease provokes wearing fashionable shoes with sharp noses, resulting in the deformed and twisted thumb of the foot. This causes inflammation of the joints of the big toes, their pain and movement restriction.
If the disease progresses, the original formThe thumb changes so that it can not be restored to its original state. If the arthrosis is not treated, it gives a complication - the other toes are deformed.
What is the treatment for arthrosis?
If a person often has pain in the jointsfingers on the legs, which limits movement, you need to see a doctor. After a complete examination, the doctor appoints the patient for treatment. For osteoarthritis, the following drugs are used:
- Means "Ibuprofen" and its analogues: "Amprofen", "Brufen", "Nurofen".
- The drug "Alflutop".
- Medication "Chondroitin Sulphate + Glucosamine" and its analogues: "Artra", "Teraflex".
For the treatment of arthrosis, folk methods are used: lotions and compresses made from herbs and natural products.
- You can independently prepare a tincture on alcohol and rub it with a sick toe joint. For this, 100 grams of eucalyptus tincture is insisted in 0.5 liters of vodka for seven days.
- You can apply a compress: aloe juice - 1 spoon, honey - 2 tablespoons, vodka - 3 tablespoons. All the mix, moisten the napkin and attach to the affected joint.
Bursitis - what is it?
Inflammation of the joints of the big toe is due to the accumulation of fluid in the joint bag. This is called bursitis. Characteristic symptoms of the disease are:
- Swelling of the joint and pain when feeling.
- On the site of inflammation, the skin becomes purple, and its temperature rises.
If the big toe was injured, and this caused the development of the inflammatory process, purulent bursitis may occur. In this case, the symptoms are aggravated:
- The foot is more painful.
- The overall body temperature rises.
- The head starts to hurt.
- There is weakness and nausea.
Methods of treatment of bursitis
Everyone is obliged to control hishealth. If once on the big toe there was a reddening and the pain was felt, the joint was inflamed. You need to see a doctor. When the diagnosis is "bursitis" after the examination, medication is prescribed:
- The drug "Nimesulid" and its analogues: "Mesulid", "Naize", "Nimulid".
- Medication "Ibuprofen" and its analogues: "Ibalgin", "Ibutor", "Profen".
- Means of "Menovazin", "Nikofleks", "Voltaren".
Bursitis is treated comprehensively. Very widely popular methods of treating the joint of the big toe. To recover faster, at home you can successfully use these tools:
- Prepare a compress of any herbs and vegetables,which can be found in the house. But it is better to do just three vegetables: potatoes, cabbage and beets. Only they should not be mixed, but better alternately used for compresses. Potatoes and beets are cut into rings, cabbage is taken as a whole sheet. The vegetable is superimposed on the painful joint. A warm scarf is wrapped up on top. Compresses are done daily until the joint stops worrying.
- Has a beneficial effect of tincture, inwhich consists of honey and vinegar. In one glass of warm boiled water put one teaspoon of honey and apple cider vinegar. Drink tincture should be 2-3 weeks for one or two glasses a day.
- If a person has chronic inflammation of the jointson the legs, the treatment can be carried out using a compress based on laundry soap, honey and onions. A mixture of shavings of soap and honey, taken in equal proportions, melted and laid out on a tissue napkin, topped with crushed onion. One bulb of medium size is enough. The compress is applied to the joint. The joint is covered with polyethylene and a warm kerchief.
Injuries to the joints of the toes
Very often the phalangeal bones of the toesare fractured. This is due to their poor protection from any impacts. Sami bones are small in diameter, so they do not have sufficient strength. Inflammation of joints on the big toes is more common as a result of their fractures. Signs of such damage:
- Pain during the palpation at the site of the fracture.
- Tumor of the damaged leg.
- Pain during the load on the finger.
- Bruising from the back and sides of the finger.
Inflammation of the joints of the big toes with a fracture for a long time will be reminiscent of yourself. For a long time a person will not stop limping and feel pain, and when walking, the support will be carried to the heel.
Your toes hurt after the fracture. How to treat?
It will be correct if you start treatment of the fracture of the joints of the fingers immediately after the injury. This means that you need to provide first aid to the victim. It consists in the following:
- If the joint of the big toe is swollen, something cold is applied to the damaged area. This will reduce pain and swelling.
- To fix the immobility of the fingers, a tire is applied. This will help avoid complications.
- Then you should call a doctor! After the examination, he prescribes treatment.
If all the fingers, except for the large one, are broken, there is no need to impose a plaster cast. It is enough to impose on the fracture a tire for a period of four weeks to six months.
Intraarticular fracture is treated with joint fixationknitting needles, screws, plates or the imposition of a special apparatus for external fixation. A couple of months after this treatment, the functionality of the fingers is restored completely. To quickly recover, apply restorative therapy. It is very useful to do physiotherapy. They repair the bone tissue. You should take the drug "Collagen-Ultra." It is rich in amino acids that produce collagen.
And remember: if you take good care of your health, you can avoid many injuries.